Most store-bought cleaning products are full of toxins and chemicals. While they do a good job cleaning, you are putting you and your family at risk by having all those unnatural, potentially dangerous substances in your home.
Free your home of these hazardous toxins by making your own homemade all-natural cleansers with ingredients you probably already have in your home. Here are 6 all-natural solutions that are much safer and just effective:All-Purpose Cleaner:
This all-purpose cleaner
- This is made from ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen and can be used to clean everything in your home.
½ gallon of water
½ cup vinegar
¼ cup baking soda
Grapefruit Tub Scrub:
Not only is this grapefruit tub scrubber a natural and safe way to clean your bathroom and kitchen surfaces, but it smells great too!
- Cut a medium-sized grapefruit in half
- Sprinkle the top of ½ the grapefruit with kosher salt
- Sprinkle the surface to be cleaned with salt
- Scrub away!
Black Tea Window Cleaner:
The tannic acid in black tea helps dissolve dirt and grease on windows. Here’s how to make black tea window cleaner:
- Brew at least 3 teabags of black tea in 8 oz of boiling water
- Allow to fully cool (about an hour).
- Transfer tea into a spray bottle and use like a regular spray cleanser
This is an inexpensive natural disinfectant that will help reduce your exposure to chemicals while naturally cleaning any surface effectively.
- Pour 2 cups of water into a spray bottle
- Add 20 drops of tea tree oil into the water. Tea tree oil in an essential oil known for its anti-fungal properties.
- Add 2 tbsp of white vinegar. Vinegar’s acidic qualities kill germs and reduce the growth of microbes.
- Add ½ tsp of liquid dish soap with the mixture. This gives extra cleaning power.
Natural Toilet Cleaners:
Store-bought toilet cleaners contain some very harsh ingredients like chlorine bleach and hydrochloric acid. There’s a natural way to clean your toilets that aren’t harmful to your skin and respiratory system. You will need the following to make your own natural toilet cleanser:
- ½ cup baking soda
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon tea tree essential oil
Mix the vinegar and tea tree oil in a spray bottle. Spritz the mixture all over the toilet, inside the bowl, the toilet seat, and even the handle. Let the solution sit for a few minutes. Sprinkle baking soda inside the toilet bowl and scrub with a toilet brush. With a clean, dry cloth, wipe away the vinegar solution.
This is a great solution for a sluggish or clogged drain. Follow these directions for an all-natural alternative to unclog your drain.
- Remove all the water from the sink or tub
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda down the drain
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water down the drain
- Pour another cup of baking soda down the drain
- Add 1 cup of white vinegar
- Plug the drain immediately
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes. You’ll notice bubbles foaming up and you’ll hear sizzling.
- When the bubbles have died down, pour more boiling water down the drain.
Those store-bought cleansers come with a warning for a reason. The harmful chemicals found in these cleaning products can damage your skin and are hazardous if ingested or inhaled. Keep your family safe by opting to make your own cleansers with green ingredients that are not only safer for you but better for the environment.